- Great Monthly Meetings. We meet monthly (at the Plymouth Library for you local folks) and get great speakers on a variety of topics. In the past we've had nutritionists, chiropractors, naturopaths talking about a wide variety of topics in the field of natural health. I asked Andrea for a sneak peek of what is coming up and listen to the great stuff planned: simple ways to go green around the house; organic gardening and composting; healthy nutrition for your family; homeopathy; thermography; and holistic options for detecting cancer. I'm pretty much interested in all of those topics and can't wait to hear more!
- Thursday morning playgroups. I haven't been able to avail myself of this great resource yet (my kids are in preschool on Thursday mornings), but summer is coming and it will be fun to get my kids together to play with other kids while being able to talk to a few of the other moms!
- Mom's night out events. Every so often HMN plans an activity that is just for mom's to get out and do something fun together. One night it was working on glass blowing with Daedra.
- Family Outings
- Lending Library. As you can imagine, these mom's are great resources of information and HMN has started to organize a lending library to pool books and resources.
- HMN Detroit is on Facebook. :) Andrea has organized a page and will send you invitations and updates on things going on in the group. I love these reminders and love to see who else will be attending. (Besides who doesn't love Facebook)
- National and Local Email loops. Once you join the loops on Yahoo there is no end to the discussions you can join. Or if your child wakes up at 2AM with some sort of malady, you literally have 100's of mothers at your fingertips and chances are at least one of them has a great remedy they could recommend to you. The loops are fun to sit are read when you have time.
- Newsletter. Each member receives a subscription to The Wise Mom, HMN's informative, electronic newsletter featuring articles on holistic living and conscious parenting.
- Fantastic Cookbooks! For a $15.00 fee you can purchase a great cookbook with tons of holistic and nutritional recipes to make for your family. Pick up a copy at the next meeting or at the Green Street Fair (see below). Proceeds go to support the Holistic Mom's Network.
If you live in the Detroit area, join the Detroit Chapter of the Holistic Mom's Network at the Green Street Fair in Downtown Plymouth. The Green Street Fair will be held May 1st (noon to 7pm), 2nd (10am to 7pm), and 3rd (10am to 5pm). Come say hello and get more info on membership and meetings.
There are Holistic Mom's Network Chapters all across the country. Click here to see if there is a chapter near you. It is so nice to learn from other mom's who have the same interests and values.