Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


Just a few random Earth Day tidbits I have run across this week...thought I would pass them along.

Here is a great article about school lunches I ran across on the Earth Day Network site about making school lunches healthier. http://earthday.net/node/40

Walmart is encouraging people to submit their eco-friendly ideas and/or vote for the ones you like. Check it out. You may come across something you had never thought of before. One of my favorites is using your own travel coffee mug when you go to your favorite coffee shop instead of using their paper cups.

Marcal Small Steps is a company that uses recycled materials to make paper towel, saving millions of trees in the process. If your local grocery store doesn't carry Marcal, ask them to!


What are you doing to make your life a little greener?

I am proud to say I have finally made a habit of actually taking my reusable grocery bags into the store with me instead of leaving them at home or in the back of the car. Baby steps...

No comments:

This blog is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this blog is intended to replace the advice of a physician. We recommend consulting a physician before embarking on diet changes or a fitness routine. In addition, we recommend that you thoroughly research alternate points of view and make your own decisions as an informed consumer. You are ultimately responsible for your health.