Friday, September 18, 2009

Organizing to Plan Healthy Breakfasts and School Lunches

The second week of my new fall schedule ended yesterday and already I see some weak spots that need improvement. I have a kindergartner who goes to school 2 1/2 days a week, and a preschooler who goes to another school 3 mornings. I work part-time, blog, and feel a little tired from being 18 weeks pregnant. Add to that swimming lessons, gymnastics and dance, and you can see that things are a little busy around here these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I am really enjoying all the changes and seeing the kids change and try new things. However, I do feel that meals like breakfast, lunch, and snacks are getting a little rushed and routine. I need some new ideas and a way to get organized. So, I did what anyone seeking information does, I consulted all my favorite blogs to see what other health minded moms are doing and I got some great ideas. Below I've listed some of the great posts I found in my research. I hope they are as helpful to you this fall as they were for me.




Breakfast

Snacks

Packed School Lunches

So this weekend, armed with copies of these posts, I'm making a master list of breakfasts, snacks and lunches. I'm going to post my list on the refrigerator and use it when I make out my grocery list. I'm going to tackle this year with lots of fresh, delicious ideas and not resort to convenient or processed foods to get through the busy times.

Karla

1 comment:

NourishedKitchen.com said...

Thanks for including my link! The frozen bananas are awesome, by the way. I'm a big fan of Kelly too.

This blog is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this blog is intended to replace the advice of a physician. We recommend consulting a physician before embarking on diet changes or a fitness routine. In addition, we recommend that you thoroughly research alternate points of view and make your own decisions as an informed consumer. You are ultimately responsible for your health.