- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add a dash of salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide.
- Add 1 drop of peppermint oil.
- Add a dash of stevia (more if you want it sweeter).
- Mix it all up until it becomes past like. You may be to add more hydrogen peroxide to get the right consistency.
- Store in a glass jar to keep it from drying out.
Note: If you aren't a big fan of peppermint, try ground cinnamon or vanilla extract.
If you are looking to whiten your teeth - check out Shannan's post on Eco-friendly Beauty Tips which includes a recipe for natural teeth whitening.
I have to tell you that this post did not go where I was hoping. My intention was to guide you to a few natural toothpastes and somehow I ended up on a "soap" box. :) I considered scrapping the whole idea, but thought you might be trying to make some of the same decisions that I am and I hope the information was helpful. By the way, here is an interesting website I found while researching this post that describes certain beauty and cosmetic ingredients and rates their safety. Very helpful!