- Red Raspberry Leaf - very rich in vitamins and minerals, especially iron. It contains fragarine which is thought to tone and strengthen uterine muscles.
- Nettle - Also very high in vitamins and minerals. This herb promotes good kidney function and also prevents hemorrhaging and anemia.
- Oat straw - very rich in calcium and magnesium. This herb promotes relaxed nerves, healthy muscle functioning, and prevents insomnia and cramps.
- Alfalfa - This lowly herb often grown only for a cover crop has phenomenal nutritive value. It has a high count of protein, Vitamin A, D, E, B6, and K. Minerals include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, trace minerals and digestive enzymes. It is a great source of chlorophyll and is high in carotene's.
- Rose Hips - A very good source of Vitamin C.
- Red Clover - Great blood purifier. Check out a recent post on this one.
- Spearmint Leaf - also a great source of Vitamin C.
(By the way, I purchased all these herbs for this mix from Mountain Rose Herbs. I really love their stuff!)
The Fun News... Anyone wondering why I'm drinking a tea recommended for pregnant mothers? We are expecting another little one this coming February. I'm 10 weeks along now. I'm so excited and nervous. This will be #3. There was a time in my life when I didn't imagine that I would have children and now to be looking toward a third is both exciting and daunting.
So, do any of you have any tips or advice for holistic pregnancies you would like to share? Love to hear from you!